Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentines #3

Ack! Alien attack!



I am just tickled with Theo's valentines. We took this idea from Family Fun and decided to use googly eyes instead of drawing the alien faces. I LOVE all the different combinations that he came up with and he had a lot of fun making them. (When he wakes up in the morning and wants to work on more valentines, I know the project is a hit!)



How much do I love this guy?



... and this one?



So cute!!



And I love that he wanted to put personal messages in each one. AND put x's and o's on the inside or back of all of them, for the boys and the girls. Dora started to tease him about putting x's and o's on the boys' cards, to which he replied: "They stand for VALENTINE'S DAY, duh!"



Gosh, I love that kid.



I also love that he doesn't care if he makes mistakes ... just crosses it out and moves on. Unlinke someone else for whom mistake = catastrophe, but I'm not naming names.

I made up a heart template for him to use and also printed greetings that fit within a 1 3/8" square punch, or can be trimmed out with scissors.

Download Alien Valentine here.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! This blog post will be advertised on CraftCrave in the Printables category today (look for timestamp: [10 Feb 01:00pm GMT]).

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are SO cute!! what a great idea, and not too girly. green alien hearts = brilliant. i wish my girls had made handmade valentines this year. your son did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot ! i shared these here : http://fr.pinterest.com/lemondedis/valentines-ideas-for-the-kiddos/

    ReplyDelete