Monday, February 8, 2010

Baking Monday - Peanut Butter Pillows

On the agenda today: Peanut Butter Pillows. Which I think is kind of a silly name, though they do look very pillow-like. Alternate name suggestions, anyone?



It's a vegan recipe, so they're made with oil instead of butter. The outsides are very crunchy. I'm guessing you could probably substitute, but didn't want to mess around on the first try. I did use regular milk instead of non-dairy (shhhhhh).

These were super-easy to make. The recipe makes 24 large cookies, they could probably be made much smaller. I rolled the dough into tubes and then sliced into 24 sections which made the assembly go very fast. I think it was 30 minutes from ingredients out 'til cookies were in the oven.



Verdict: They're good. The centers are very rich, so you can really only eat one, which could be a good or bad thing. Eating just one cookie at a time makes me a little sad.

The recipe came from this site, if anyone's interested. Look at that awesome photo! I would love to learn some food photo tricks. At least my cooling rack is shiny.



A little gift for a reader who admires but never gets to sample. And who is coincidentally having a birthday today!

1 comment:

  1. Could you eat two if you had a glass of milk with it? And I'd probably just call it yummy :)

    ReplyDelete