Friday, February 12, 2010

Dora's Artwork

Dora is a wonderful artist. Drawing is her favorite activity, she could do it all day long. I've always admired how fearlessly she draws, when I can barely make a mark on the page without overdoing it, though I see that her work is definitely becoming more rigid as she gets older. Her best projects are typically done spontaneously ... no direction, no purpose, when she's just having fun. When asked to do specific artwork, it can go one way or the other depending on her mood. If she's not into it, it's not going to happen, an experience I can relate to! Every once in awhile, the stars align and she really knocks it out of the park, like this business card she helped me design as a birthday card for her cousin.



We spent part of Wednesday's snow day working on her project for World Thinking Day tonight. Her troop is researching Poland. I printed out some pictures of Girl Scouts from Poland and she worked up this illustration.



It's hard to see in the photo, but she included small details like the arm badges, braid on the kerchief, and a tiny flag of Poland on the pocket.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!
    My kids love art! I am always amazed at how hard they work at it!
    Her details are amazing!
    She is very talented!

    ReplyDelete