Monday, February 22, 2010

Baking Monday - Chocolate Cupcakes with PB Frosting

On the agenda today: Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting. I'd never made this cake recipe before and was a bit nervous that the batter was really runny. I dumped it into my giant measuring cup, which made filling the cups very easy.



Ready to go! Wait, something's missing ...



Ahhh. Much better.

Recipe: Makes 30 cupcakes

Me: Bah! Those measurements don't apply to me and my two cupcake pans. I shall make 24 cupcakes instead!



Whoops. So, my dreams of perfectly shaped cupcakes went out the window but lesson learned: follow the recipe!





Verdict: Mmmmm. I'm not a big cake eater, but these cupcakes are very good. The frosting however ... well, I could sit on the couch and eat it by the spoonful. But I would never, never, do that, especially not on a night after the kids have gone to bed and Jeff is at pool. Never.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm....could I have those recipes? Pretty please?? With peanut butter on top?? Peanut Butter ANYTHING ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ann! I see the links now! And that peanut butter frosting is really so easy, that it is dangerous...

    ReplyDelete