Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Silhouette Fun!



So, as mentioned before, I got a Silhouette cutter this summer. And I've been enjoying finding new things to make with it. This is a card that I made for my cousin's wedding. I went a little crazy with the shapes, but it was fun to put together. I used this card as inspiration ... by the way, the Silhouette America Pinterest board is a great place to find ideas!



To make the mini hearts, I lined up strips of scrapbook paper left over from our anniversary party. (Oh yeah, we had an anniversary party this summer. It totally rocked.)



I purchased outlines for the banners, though the shape would have been easy enough to make.



The strings were faux-taped on the back of the card. Hard to see from the pic, but the "tape" strips have torn edges on the short sides.


I also used the strips to "tape" a name tag to the front of the envelope.



Final product with coordinating envelope insert!

No comments:

Post a Comment