Monday, October 28, 2013

Baking Monday – Peanut Butter Brownie Bars



Pull up a chair and a glass of milk, peanut butter lovers! These are SO good. The original poster gave them the unfortunate name of "brookies" - half brownie, half cookie. (And seriously, I have to learn how to style / photograph food as nicely some day. Gorgeous!) I made a couple of changes to the recipe - butter instead of Crisco, milk chocolate chips instead of mini pb cups. And even though there are two parts to the dessert, these still come together quickly - they take no longer than cookies that would have to be scooped or shaped. Spreading the top layer could be tricky ... I used my mini scoop to cover the brownie batter with rows of the cookie dough and then used my fingers to gently smooth it together.



These were fantastic. I took them out of the oven when they were starting to get brown on top, but because they are so thick, they stayed slightly undercooked in the center ... gooey and amazing! They did not last long at our house. Definitely a keeper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment