Really, you can't go wrong with Mrs. Fields ... everything I've made from that cookie book has been terrific.
These cookies get a swirly pattern from adding melted chocolate to the dough as the very last step. I cut the butter down to 1.5 sticks and replaced half of the milk chocolate chips with peanut butter chips.
Plain peanut butter cookies are kind of blah IMHO, so I loved the chippy addition to these. Super peanut-butter yum! This recipe would halve easily, but why would you want to? Makes about 60 cookies.
Mrs. Fields Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1.5 sticks butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
• Preheat oven to 300.
• Melt chocolate chips, set aside to cool.
• Mix sugars and butter until well combined.
• Add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
• Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
• Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix until combined.
• Stir in chips.
• Pour in melted chocolate and mix partially with a spoon until marbleized.
• Drop in 1 tbsp mounds and bake for 20 minutes, until set but still soft.