Monday, June 14, 2010

Pigtails



Always my favorite hairstyle, but I'm not allowed to do pigtails as often as I used to. But today ... well, I think giant pigtails are in order on Flag Day.

The kids' school has a Flag Day ceremony every year. All the kids gather outside by the flag and each class sings a patriotic song. For some reason, this is kept secret from parents ... during our first year at school, I found out about it when it was on the news. The second year, I was prepared, and hung out in the parking lot after drop off to watch with a handful of other parents in the know.

Dora and Theo had both been practicing their class songs for this year (Grand Old Flag and Yankee Doodle, respectively) and made Uncle Sam hats and flags to wave. Unfortunately, Theo was under the weather this morning, so I didn't get to see today's program. But I'm imagining that giant pigtails totally rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment