Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baking Monday - Mocha Cinnamon & Almond Butter Cookies



From last week: Mocha Cinnamon Cookies. I found this recipe on a card that I had written years and years ago. I'm assuming I made them once before, or maybe only copied it down because they sounded good, but never got around to baking them. Verdict: Not good. Blah. They sounded like they would taste awesome, but ended up very bland. They were also too soft - if they had a bit more crunch or texture, they may have been better. I added the icing because they needed something with more flavor. I guess they were well received at pool, but definitely not my favorite. Though Jeff loved them. Hmmm. We don't always have to like the same things? Interesting.



Today: Almond Butter Cookies. Deee-lish! Something a little different from my regular sugar cookies. I love these! I think the icing makes them a titch too sweet, next time I would like to try them with sugar sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment