Monday, January 13, 2014

Baking Monday – Peanut Butter Cupcakes



This was a project that I had in my mind before searching for a recipe. I wanted to do a peanut butter cupcake (most recipes I find are for chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting) with chocolate frosting and filled with something. I volunteer at a local theatre that has just started selling stuffed cupcakes which are amazing, so I've had them on the brain. Look for more coming soon! 

I can't remember where this recipe came from - which is okay, because it wasn't great. Unfortunately, the cupcakes spent about three minutes too long in the oven … I set the timer and didn't check on them often enough, so they turned out slightly tougher than desired. Each one was filled with a blob of Nutella plus more Nutella added to the chocolate buttercream frosting.


I've since seen other peanut butter cupcake recipes, and would be happy to try again, too bad these didn't turn out as well as hoped. Oh well, not every attempt turns out to be a winner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment