Monday, April 15, 2013

Baking Monday - Soft Sugar Cookies


Fun cookies today! Jump over and read the description of the recipe - how could anyone NOT want to try them?



The dough got a double mini scoop - don't they look like ice cream? Adorable!


Finished off with vanilla (green) and cinnamon (light brown) buttercream that happened to be leftover in the fridge.


The recipe calls for oil in addition to the butter. I was a bit wary, because I haven't had great luck with oil in cookie recipes in the past, but no fear - these are really good! Both soft and crunchy at the same time, and the flavor is excellent. I split the recipe in half, which made thirty jumbo-sized cookies. These would be a nice addition to my sugar cookie rotation. Yum! 

2 comments:

  1. I made these last night! The cookies were pretty good (I took your advice with the double-scooped, but also made singles) but I made brown-butter frosting to go on top... YUM!!! I made some to give away and some to freeze because YIKES i want to eat them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I made them again this week too, as a prize for the cake walk at school. Then we gave the leftovers to teachers, to ensure that there would only be one left for me ... because I could easily eat them all, too! I love brown-butter frosting, I bet that was really yummy!

    ReplyDelete