Saturday, July 17, 2010

Art Week

This was an easy theme for me. I love doing art projects with the kids. I overplanned again ... many more things I'm hoping to get to later this summer.

The kids started out making birthday cards for their aunt.



I love these beautiful eyes!



Theo wanted to use every color pencil. I like how he snuck his birthday greeting onto the arms.



 Clark made a page of little faces ... he calls them "Crazy Clarks."



I've been wanting to do this project for awhile ... making foam stamps.



Dora's work ... a spider, a self-portrait, a flower and an ice cream cone, which she used for Ice Cream Safari this week.



Theo also made a self portrait and asked me to help him with a name stamp.



And these are mine!



Here's another something I've been wanting to do for awhile: Mess-Free Finger painting.



Put a generous amount of paint into a gallon plastic bag, seal it closed, and finger paint away!



Everyone thought this was pretty cool. We also got out some cookie cutters to make shapes.



Then Dora tried out our homemade stamps and those made interesting patterns, too.



We also tried Bubble Printing this week. I had done this in college with great results ... our experiment didn't work out as well, I think because we used tempera paints instead of ink, the colors were not very intense. But the kids had a great time making the bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment