Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reading Lately

After a diet of magazines all winter, I have been very happy to have time to dive into lots of books this summer. Some favorites so far ...



This was a right place, right time kind of read ... a book about visiting old friends for the weekend, brought along when I was going to visit old friends for the weekend. I've been a fan of hers for a long time, coincidentally picking up Confessions of a Shopaholic before my trip to London - another right place, right time situation (and likely the reason I spent way more $$ than anticipated while I was there. I ate more chocolate, too, but blamed that on Harry Potter.)



Great read, great story. Totally reads as a movie. I mentioned to a friend that I was surprised this book wasn't a YA title, and she pointed out that they wouldn't get all the references. Ooops, right. I'm old. Jeff listened to the audiobook (read by Wil Wheaton - perfect), which I'm guessing would be just as entertaining.



This IS a YA title that I would fully expect to start showing up on school curriculums. Fantastic book. I finished it this weekend and Dora picked it right up. Read it with your kids, it's a terrific story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment