Monday, August 27, 2012

Baking Monday - Chocolate Pretzel Cookies



Because I have an affection for cookies that look like other foods, I picked up this linzer cutter a few years ago, looking forward to making pretzel cookies. Today was the first time breaking it out! I opted for one of my favorite chocolate cookie recipes with chocolate glaze and sugar sprinkles.



Which turned out pretty cute, but since I know from experience that these cookies taste a zillion times better with mint-flavored glaze, I decided to make some of those, too. I wanted to differentiate the plain chocolate from the mint, so that glaze stayed white with chocolate jimmies instead.



Verdict: Yeah, mint is definitely the way to go, but the kids really loved these all around. The cutter looks small, but the dough puffed up to a perfect pretzel-size cookie.



And also? Chocolate cookies are incredibly hard to photograph nicely!

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I have to make them. Thanks for posting. Can you pipe with that glaze icing? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You can adjust the balance of sugar/milk to get it to piping consistency. I also add 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract to the glaze. Enjoy!

      Delete