Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Works for Me Wednesday - Photo Booth!



I set up a faux photo booth for the kids to have fun with during a recent party. There are some cute photo props available online, both for purchase and for sharing. Of course, I wanted to do my own instead. I spent a morning working on the artwork, then printed and colored with bright markers. (Yes, I could have let the kids do the coloring, but why should they have all the fun?)



I mounted them on black poster board. (Old phone book + Diet Coke flat = perfect surface for spray glue. Then just rip out and toss the sticky pages when done.) Running a black sharpie over the edges after trimming hides any white and finishes them off nicely.




I taped a bamboo skewer to each shape with black duck tape, and reinforced the frame with skewers as well. A (semi) pressed bed sheet was the back drop. I set up my camera on a tripod aimed at kid height. This was done in the basement play room, so no natural light, but the pics still turned out pretty good.



This was a FUN party activity - the kids had a great time taking snapshots of each other. You could use other props too, like scarves or dress-up clothes, but Dora only wanted to use the paper shapes.








Would you like to use them for your next party? Here they are!

Download balloon prop here.
Download frame prop here. (Tile on two 8.5 x 11 pages)
Download face props here.
Download hat props here.
Download microphone prop here.

1 comment:

  1. thanks a lot : these are too fun ! i shared the link here : http://fr.pinterest.com/lemondedis/photos-photobooth-photoprop-freebies-idées/

    ReplyDelete