Monday, February 13, 2012

Baking Monday - Peanut Butter Cups

I searched Pinterest for peanut butter desserts and found these! I wouldn't agree with the takes no time at all claim, but can definitely attest to the yumminess.



I used silicone baking cups, because I thought they'd be easier to fill than paper. I found the first step to be a bit time-consuming - I used a mini spatula to coat the sides of the cup about halfway up with chocolate, then let the cups set in the fridge while mixing the filling. The recipe suggests adding crushed graham crackers, which I did not have, so I used crushed pretzels instead (minus the extra pinch of salt) ... two thumbs up! Everyone liked the extra crunchiness. They did take quite a bit of time to set - the chocolate was still a bit sticky after two hours in the fridge, but overnight was perfect.



I'm not a huge Reese cup fan, but I LOVED these! Definitely worth a try!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I was doing a search on google for cilicone baking cups and your blog came up! I haven't seen very many cups on line that are shaped like yours - most have the ridges like paper ones. I've heard those are hard to clean. Where did you get yours?
    Sorry for the random comment!
    ~jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I got them at Home Goods years ago. The brand is Colorful Kitchen. They are not too difficult to clean. They flip inside out and then need to be wiped down. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete