Monday, November 14, 2011

Baking Monday - Mocha Crackle Cookies

I've never made crackle cookies before - I generally believe that rolling cookies in an extra something is more work than it's worth (like Snickerdoodles, which my sis and I renamed "Sucker-doodles" after rolling a gazillion of them in sugar for a Christmas double-batch years ago) - but a chocolate / coffee cookie combo just sounded right to me today.



This is another recipe from the Taste of Home cookie book, and it's a good one. Mine didn't turn out nearly as pretty as their picture, but cookies are yummy - very soft and cakey. Neither Jeff or I are coffee drinkers, but I do keep instant coffee on hand just for baking.The batter comes out super-thin - I was worried that I had done something wrong - but after the recommended two hours in the fridge, it was much easier to work with. I baked these on parchment instead of a greased baking sheet. Jeff suggested adding mini chocolate chips next time. This recipe makes about four dozen cookies, good for a crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment