Monday, May 2, 2011

Baking Monday - Star Wars Cookies

With three Star Wars fans in the house, it was only a matter of time until I got these cutters. Happily, our good friends Stephanie and Chris sensed the force was strong in our family and gave me a set for Christmas this year.

I decided to make Almond Butter Cookies, because these are so yummy on their own and the cutter details are so nice, they don't need to be mucked up with icing.



Isn't this dough beautiful? I love these colors! Because of the butter and vanilla, the dough is kind of a creamy white, which made some lovely muted shades. I used Wilton Leaf Green for Yoda, Sky Blue for Boba Fett, and Black for Darth (which Dora said looked more purple than black, but I like it.)



These cutters are excellent quality, I really enjoyed working with them. The only sticky part was on the Stormtrooper's eyebrow (eyebrow?) - had to make sure there was no dough stuck in there. I think I may rock Theo's world and use one for his pbj tomorrow.



With the leftover dough, I made a few that were kind of tye-dye.



These turned out so cool! I love them!



And the swirly ones are fun, too.



- Insert geeky quote here - I'm not one of the three fans in the house. But I am in love with these cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment