Monday, August 23, 2010

Baking Monday - Fudge Drops

It's back!!! Officially, the pool season started last week. We had just arrived home from vacation, and I did have an easy cookie planned, but then we were invited to go swimming and I didn't have time to do both. Swimming won out over baking ... apologies to BdH.

First up ... Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.



My BIL's sister brought these to a picnic once, and I could not stop eating them and asked her for the recipe. I switched to natural peanut butter years ago, but still love, love anything made with peanut butter chips! These are one of my favorites, delicious both raw and baked. I made these as a treat for our babysitter this weekend.

I can't find the recipe online anywhere, so here you go. This recipe makes a lot of cookies ... about five dozen ... so, depending on who I'm baking for, I'll sometimes throw half of the dough in the freezer.

Chocolate PB Cookies

2 1/4 c flour
1/3 c cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
10 oz package Reese's PB chips (I am brand loyal to Reese's ... the Nestle ones are not nearly as good.)

• Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
• In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy.
• Add eggs, mix well.
• Gradually add flour mixture, mix well.
• Add chips and combine.
• Chill dough at least one hour, scoop rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets, bake 8-10 minutes.

Today, I made Saucepan Fudge Drops. I doubled this recipe, because a small cup of yogurt = 2/3 cup, and I didn't want to have any left over. A double recipe makes about 60 cookies.



Going in to the oven ... my mini ice cream scoop made good size cookies.



These are a nice crunchy-on-the-outside, chewy-on-the-inside chocolate cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment