Monday, September 23, 2013

Baking Monday – Mint Chocolate Brownies

Baking Monday is back! Yay!



(This is what goes through my head every time I read "Yay!" Also? My first imbedded animated gif! Hope it's not too distracting!)

Anyhow! I'm back in the kitchen on Mondays! Pool season has started again, and it's time to dig through recipes for some new goodies. Jeff's request: something minty. These brownies are deee-licious. 


A few adjustments: butter instead of shortening, milk instead of heavy cream, and I had to add a little bit of milk to the chocolate/butter glaze, because for some reason, it was (at first) a lumpy mess. I also sprinkled some crushed chocolate cookies on top because (1) I thought they could use something crunchy and (2) they were left over in the pantry from another recipe. 



These were really super good, plus, I can envision doing different flavorings for the middle layer of frosting (specifically, peanut butter!) 

Hello! Happy to be back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment