Monday, February 11, 2013

Baking Monday - Valentine Cookies


Valentine baking this week, inspired by these cute cookies. I had a lot of fun trying out different sprinkles.



I love colored cookie dough!



The recipe is an almond sugar cookie. Jeff swore they tasted like cherry, I think the pink coloring was throwing him off (but they would be really good with a bit of cherry!) I made a few changes to the recipe - used all butter instead of shortening, and cut back just a bit on the amount. Also substituted all-purpose flour for the cake flour, because that's what I had on hand. The original recipe warns about baking them for more than 8 minutes, which I found to be not quite long enough. (See the red cookies in the top pic, that are slightly caved in? That was the from the first tray, slightly undercooked.) I found 12 (ish) minutes worked best ... until they just stopped being shiny on top.


Sweets for your sweetie ... Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment