Monday, October 29, 2012

Baking Monday - S'mores Brownies


Graham crackers have been the after school snack of choice these days, so I bought a giant box at Sam's Club a few weeks ago. Turns out, it was a bummer batch - they were especially crumby. In hindsight, I probably should have returned the box, but it was one of those, "eh ... not worth the effort" moments. Therefore: watch out for lots of graham cracker-themed desserts coming up!



Today: S'mores brownies. The original recipe came from one of those Kraft food magazines (from 2005! I've had this page saved for awhile!) and recommends adding chopped cookies plus a stir-in ingredient to the homemade brownies. I opted for crushed graham crackers (two cups, save some for sprinkling on top) and mini marshmallows (one cup). The marshmallows floated to the top when baked, which made them look kind of cool.


Lining the pan with parchment was key - for cutting, I lifted the whole thing out of the pan and cut with my favorite kitchen tool. I'm not a huge marshmallow fan, but these were very good - soft and chocolatey!

1 comment:

  1. Ann, those brownies look incredible! I’m sorry that the graham crackers were more crumbly than you were expecting, but I’m glad you found a way to make it work. Sam’s Club wants members to experience 100% satisfaction, so we offer a 100% guarantee on merchandise. If you have any questions, please speak with your local club manager or email social@samsclub.com. Thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club. – Carrie from Sam’s Club

    ReplyDelete