Monday, October 8, 2012

Baking Monday - Caramel Shortbread Bars



So, I cannot remember where I got this recipe. Not like, oh this is a good recipe, where did it come from? More like: if I wanted to make these again, I could not, because I don't remember where I got the recipe. It was only two weeks ago - yep, I'm a bit behind on baking posts - but the information has left my brain. I searched and searched today and cannot find it. I'm pretty sure it came from one of my recipe books, but don't know which one. I do know that I was happy to find it because it required using up caramels from the pantry and a bit of heavy cream left over from my birthday peanut butter pie. I also remember that the bars were supposed to include pecans, which I did not have on hand.



Turns out: pecans are kind of critical to the recipe, because they really could have used an extra crunch. These were soft and gooey and the nut-phobic children liked them, but the bars were a little flat without them. So ... yay for the flavor, add pecans next time, and if I ever want to make them again, too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment