Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Works for Me Wednesday - NCLB



That would be "No Chocolate Left Behind." I look forward to recipes that call for melted chocolate and then leave leftovers, because then I get to make chocolate bark. Crush up graham crackers and pretzels and mix into the chocolate - as many as possible to still be able to coat all the pieces. Spread out on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper, slam on the counter a few times to smooth it out, chill until firm, and break apart. The most recent batch was extra yum because it included leftover peanut butter, too. I always think that this will be given to the kids, but then never is.



I entered a contest on a baking blog recently that asked the question: what is the one dessert you would never turn down? My answer was Oreo Truffles that my cousin Kristie makes. No matter where I am on my daily calorie count, if I saw them out at a party I would absolutely, positively have one (or two, or several). This chocolate bark is exactly the same. It's one of those sweets that I usually eat in one day, because it's just impossible for me to resist ... better to be gone quickly!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to use your extra chocolate!
    I will have to try this....after I get this baby weight off...which right now, feels like it will never come off!

    ReplyDelete