Monday, May 7, 2012

Baking Monday - Caramel Chocolate Shortbread

A non-pb dessert this week from one of my favorite food blogs.



Oh, so much butter. I didn't realize quite how much until I was already into it. The amount of butter in the bottom two layers is already a little more than I am usually comfortable using, but I thought, might as well try it once ... THEN realized there is butter in the top layer, too ... oh, goodness!

I actually cut it back just slightly for each layer, and it was still amazing. Happily, this recipe makes 36 tiny squares, so it's definitely a good one for sharing. (Try not to think about the TBSP of butter in each serving. Just pretend I didn't mention it.)



These turn out exactly as gorgeous looking as the original photos - that doesn't always happen! The chocolate gets totally smooth and glossy. (Ignore the little fingerprint where I tested to see if the chocolate was set ... ooops, not yet!) A really delicious special occasion treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment