Monday, March 26, 2012

Baking Monday - Snickerdoodles

These cookies are definitely not in my regular rotation, but they should be! Clark has been my little helper in the kitchen these days. He had a snickerdoodle at a family party and declared them "the best cookie ever!" so we had to try making them ourselves.



Little guy helped me every step of the way, from mixing the dough to rolling in cinnamon.



The recipe I have is a photocopy from my grandma a zillion years ago. I used all butter instead of shortening, and cut back a little bit to 3/4 cup - I don't like super buttery cookies - and they turned out terrific. Dora was very excited to have a non-chocolate dessert during Lent, and it was good for me, too, as I enjoyed last week's pb chocolate brownies a little too much. Extra bonus, Dora happened to have a friend over after school, and I had a total June Cleaver moment when I offered fresh cookies to the kids after school. (It's the little things!)

No comments:

Post a Comment