Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Baking Monday - Mint & Almond

I've had a little crush on mint and almond flavorings lately, and have been seeking out recipes to make with them. Over the weekend, I made this awesome peach tart. My aunt made it for a brunch a couple of weeks ago, and it was delicious. I made it with fresh peaches instead of canned and - most importantly - replaced the vanilla extract with almond. Yum, yum, yum. I took a before picture, but forgot to take a picture of it afterwards ... rats! It was beautiful.



This week, I made Chocolate Mint Chip cookies from the Mrs. Field's cookbook.



They're not much to look at, but really, really good. I used regular chocolate chips instead of mint, and they were great. This recipe makes a LOT of cookies, half the dough ended up in the freezer to enjoy another time. Oh, remember how much I loved the apple bars because I only used one measuring cup? Not so much with this recipe. Be prepared to wash lots of dishes. (3/4 of one kind of sugar and 2/3 of another? Seriously?)

The good news: I had two "best desserts ever" again this week, but now I think my tasting group is just easy to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment