Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Repurposed Art Cards
If you've got kids, you've got lots of little art projects around, and I'm always looking for ideas to turn them into something usable. Here is an idea for repurposing art projects into handy greeting cards.
• Print template on any color paper or card stock. (I used craft paper because that's what I had nearby... any solid color will work well.)
• Cut on trim lines and fold in half.
• Cut out the shape with an Xacto knife, slightly outside the guide line. (Note: on the birthday card, cut only the flame and the candle, not the wick.)
• Use the window to decide what section of the art to display. Use the cutout shape to trim the artwork into a rectangle. Trim with decorative scissors for extra cuteness.
• Flip the card over and run a gluestick around the outside of the cutout window and around the right side edges of the art piece. Paste the art behind the cutout window and smooth.
• Ta-da! Fun handmade cards for (most) occasions that reuse and showcase your child's artwork.
And here are the templates to download. They'll print on 8.5 x 11 paper and trim to an A6 card (4.5 x 6.25). Enjoy!
Thank You Card Template
Congratulations Card Template
Birthday Card Template
Have you used these templates? Please leave a comment or send a picture, I'd love to see how it turned out!