Monday, February 10, 2014

Baking Monday – Cowboy Cookies



These are my favorite cookies! They are my aunt's specialty, and even though I have her recipe, I swear mine never taste as good. But last week's batch turned out pretty close.



The multi chips are a must! There are many cowboy cookie recipes floating around out there … I tried another one once that was a big fat fail … but this one is my favorite. Why are they called cowboy cookies? This was the best description I could find: "Cowboy cookies are the original Powerbar. History states, cowboys used to make them for riding the trails. They were a quick, easy way to get a lot of nutrients and they kept well for travel." Yee-hah!



Cowboy Cookies

1 cup sugar
1.25 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups sifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
.5 tsp salt
.5 tsp baking powder
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips

• Cream butter and sugar
• Mix in eggs then vanilla
• Sift flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder into mixture and combine
• Add oats
• Add chips
• Use either one scant large scoop or two mini scoops for each cookie
• Bake at 350 until light brown (about 15 min)

No comments:

Post a Comment