Monday, July 29, 2013

Baking Monday – Chocolate Coffee Cake



I'd been looking for a reason to make this cake for awhile, and happily we had some small friends over for a playdate last week - plus one mom, so company for me - which gave me the perfect reason to bake!



I have a good friend who did not know until very recently that coffee cake was not actually made with coffee. However ... this one is! (I used decaf because I knew little ones would be sampling.) The coffee flavor is very subtle in this very chocolatey cake. Jeff recommended that he try a piece before our guests arrived – you know, just to make sure it wasn't poison.  

One small guest commented: "Why are we having cake when it's not anyone's birthday?" Behold, the wonder that is coffee cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment