Monday, September 20, 2010

Baking Monday - Swirly Vanilla Cupcakes

I'm continuing my quest for a good homemade cupcake recipe, these are pretty close. Last time I tried from scratch cupcakes, they were a little dense - more like pound cake - but this one was pretty good.



It took Theo about ten minutes to describe to me the kind of cupcakes he wanted for his birthday. He wanted vanilla for sure, and he wanted vanilla and chocolate frosting so that he could have a bit of each flavor with each bite. (Imagine this being described to me with elaborate hand motions and biting mime).



I put chocolate and vanilla icing (store bought, sadly) together in a bag, and they turned out great ... like tiny little twist cones.



I had some leftover filling in the freezer from these, so they had a little sweet surprise in the middle. Dora wanted me to leave a few plain because she does not like frosting, and I preferred the plain ones, too.



Clark went the other way and chose to eat only frosting instead.

1 comment:

  1. Those look amazing! I wish I had the brainpower to come up with my own recipe!

    ReplyDelete